Sunday, April 6, 2008

OH MY FREAKING GOURD

So, I'm on Staten Island this weekend, which has killed my blogging capacity. As such, I'm going to skip the last few Nats games, because they've lost, but not by a lot. If they could manage to pitch just a little better, I feel like we'd be okay. They certainly haven't been the kind of losses that have you leaving in the fourth inning that have been so common in the past. I'll pick back up with the dailies tomorrow or Monday.

BUT, oh my god, the Capitals won. The Caps have done it, they've won the Southeast division. This is seriously such a celebratory moment for a team that hasn't had a sniff of success in a long time. I can't wait until I get this same kind of rush from the Nats, but man, until then, I'm so stoked for the playoffs.

2 comments:

Will Norton Jr. said...

I caught parts of the Nats games vs the Cardinals and it basically looked like one might expect - teams stocked with talent have those few extra plays a game that make the difference. The Nats will win a decent number of games, but few will be against playoff bound teams.

I wish the Caps were playing Ottawa (hottest start and faded vs. worst start and surged), but I'm really happy the Caps made it at all... and with home ice first round.

Will Norton Jr. said...

I watched DCU's game tonight and the Wizards game was my alternate, but I still caught a bit of the Nationals game. I kind of wished I hadn't.

Bergmann implodes and Nats lack the offense to mount any legit comeback. While the starting pitching and bullpen have been bad in this losing streak, it should be noted that Ryan "Face of the Franchise" Zimmerman has been slumping since... opening night really.